Saturday, February 6, 2010

Here are the bendy ply slats that I have to glue and tape wrapped around my molds. There are three layers of bendy ply for each mold which should provide enough strength and rigidity for the final model.
Application of the wood glue to the slats. I had to apply way more glue than I originally thought.
Here was my first attempt at getting the molds to sit properly in the bag. I placed a piece of wood in between the small and large mold to prevent the two from connecting. The piece of wood ended up pushing the molds out from the surrounding slats which consequently caused me to rethink my plan.
In the end I separated them and placed a towel in between the two so they would have adequate space to act alone but still have enough air equally to create suction.
Out of the bag and drying. I clamped them so they could continue drying in a dry environment and maintain their shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment